Six Nevada-based startups advance to final round for AngelNV investment
One company to receive at least $200,000 from local angel investors
LAS VEGAS – Operated by StartUpNV, a nonprofit incubator and accelerator for Nevada-based startup companies, AngelNV will hold its Shark Tank-style grand finale on Saturday, April 30 at 1 p.m. at the Las Vegas City Hall where six startup companies will pitch to secure an investment totaling at least $200,000.
The six finalists were selected from more than 250 participants in AngelNV’s free entrepreneur bootcamp sessions that educate startup founders how to raise venture capital. The $200,000 investment will come from angel investors who have invested at least $5,000 and have been participating in AngelNV’s investor bootcamp that teaches angel investing strategies and tactics.
Currently, nearly 75 first-time and experienced investors in the AngelNV investor group have pledged to invest at least $200,000 to one company. By the April 30 event, even more investment funding may be available and awarded to one or more runners up from the six finalists. Last year, 52 investors awarded $220,000 to one finalist company and $55,000 investments to two runners up.
Five of the startup finalists are from Southern Nevada, and one is female-owned. The six startup finalists and their service or product offerings are:
- AcuStitch created a suturing tool that is especially helpful for incisions exceeding 10 cm in length. The tool uses a variety of needle sizes and suture widths. It offers programmable stitch patterns and can perform surface, subcuticular and subcutaneous sutures.
- Carrot developed a complete Customer Experience platform for cannabis retail. It integrates e-commerce, ordering, delivery, and rewards programs into one easy to use application for both the retail operators and customers.
- SeeID created a real-time asset tracking system that detects and tracks the location of objects indoors or in a contained area outdoors via a mesh network that uses edge technology that requires less infrastructure to deploy, costs less, and requires no power source or batteries.
- SemiExact makes furniture kits and table legs for the do-it-yourself creator. They have bedframes, shelving, live edge wood, table legs, and outdoor furniture in a variety of finishes.
- Surgistream is a software application that solves the scheduling of surgeons, operating rooms, support personnel, and devices needed for a surgery.
- Terbine collects data from Internet of Things devices and packages the data into useable information for planning, including creating digital twins of cities.
AngelNV is a program of StartUpNV that provides expert mentorship to startups and access to a network of capital partners. Since it began operation in 2017, more than $72 million has been raised and invested in 30 companies participating in StartUpNV programs, including AngelNV. In fact, $46.2 million was invested in 16 companies in the last 18 months – despite a global pandemic.
StartUpNV launched AngelNV to foster an angel investment network for Nevada-based startups and attract to the state scalable startup businesses and entrepreneurs with big ideas to build a more diversified and resilient economy. AngelNV is building a bridge between entrepreneurs and angel investors by teaching startups how to raise venture capital and advising potential investors on wise investments. For more information on AngelNV visit: www.angelnv.com and tickets for the April 30 event are available online.
Editor’s Note: Media interested in speaking with any of the finalists or the executive director of StartUpNV/AngelNV in advance of the April 30 event, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Below are photos of last year’s grand prize investment winner, Safe Arbor.