AngelNV | Investor Education
AngelNV 3 Investor track is on now and concludes April 29th. You can still join the fun!
What is the AngelNV Conference
– Angels say, “there aren’t any investable deals”.
– Entrepreneurs say, “there aren’t any investors writing checks”.
AngelNV improves both of these issues through two 12 week long educational and event series – one series for founders and the other for angel investors. Some events in both series overlap – and both educational series conclude in a joint, one-day conference where at least 1 company is funded with $400,000 including $200,000 from investors participating in the angel series and a 1:1 match by the SSBCI program invested by the Battle Born Growth Ventures.
AngelNV is open to the public for any member of the community interested in learning more about starting a company or investing in a new business. Community members looking to invest must be considered an accredited investor.
AngelNV aims to build the Southern Nevada startup ecosystem by engaging seasoned and novice angel investors to build angel investing skills while providing access to deals from different industries and stages. A series of learn by doing events for investors build up to a one-day conference, and a 6-figure check for the winning entrepreneur.
The Las Vegas based Investor Track starts on January 24, 2023 and concludes on April 29, 2023. Schedule a time to chat with our Executive Director about participation, ask questions – or get more details online.
Entrepreneurs attend free weekly founder workshops and receive coaching and feedback from the StartUpNV Team to ensure pitch and investment positioning improves, as they prepare to compete at AngelNV “main event” on April 29, 2023. The weekly founder bootcamp program begins in October for AngelNV 4. In the meantime, review our 2022 boot camp classes via our YouTube Playlist.
Meet A Nevada Angel
Jeff is a third-time angel for the inaugural AngelNV Conference. Jeff has been leading the effort for StartupNV throughout Nevada – with loads of help from former Vegas Valley Angels and a burgeoning startup ecosystem in Las Vegas. Investors like Jeff have gone on to form and become involved with FundNV, the Sierra Angels, and other investor groups.
StartupNV Lead | FundNV Investment Committee
Earn Your Halo
$5,000 of unit cost is invested.
- The remaining $500 tax-deductible donation is billed separately by StartupNV (a 501c3 non-profit) and covers program operation costs, Nevada Blue Sky state fees, and fund set-up and administrative costs for the life of the fund (7 years).
- Investors may attend boot-camp sessions as desired. Participation in group discussions may be restricted due to time constraints.
- Investors domiciled outside of Nevada may incur additional blue sky fees for their states ($300 to $500 for most states)
- Fees also include access to AngelNV Investing Bootcamp, ACA Membership, and one (1) finale event ticket.
Sessions & Dates
Sessions are on Tuesdays at 4PM. Recordings are available.
- Education Kickoff – Tuesday, January 24, 2023
- Intros, Team Assignments, Process Explanation, Gust Intro – Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- Initial Reviews, Team Meetings, Company Assignments – Tuesday, February 7, 2023
- Team Breakouts, Team Presentations, Company Reviews – Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- 3-Minute Pitches, Straw Poll, Vote Due by Friday – Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- Discussion and Top 12 Selection – Tuesday, February 28, 2023
- 10-Minute Pitches, Straw Poll, Vote Due by Friday – Tuesday, March 7, 2023
- Discussion and Finalist Selection, DD Team Assignments – Tuesday, March 14, 2023
- DD Team Findings & Reports – Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- DD Team Findings & Reports – Tuesday, March 28, 2023
- DD Team Findings & Reports – Tuesday, April 4, 2023
- DD Team Findings & Reports – Tuesday, April 11, 2023
- DD Team Findings & Reports – Tuesday, April 18, 2023
- DD Reports Due by Noon – Monday, April 24, 2023
- DD Discussion and Straw Poll – Tuesday, April 25, 2023
- Finale Event – Saturday, April 29, 2023