10 Nevada-based startups advance to semifinal round for AngelNV funding
One company to receive a $200,000 investment from local angel investors
The 45 investors participating in AngelNV have selected the 10 semifinalist startup companies that will pitch to secure the group’s joint investment totaling $200,000. The finalists include four female-owned companies, three companies from Northern Nevada, and seven based in Southern Nevada, including one that recently relocated to Las Vegas from San Diego.
The 10 semifinalist startups and their service or product offerings are:
• RIOT Wireless – wireless IOT devices for difficult applications and hazmat environments
• Free Form Brush – patented grip free paint brush to eliminate repetitive motion injuries
• GroGuru – wireless underground soil irrigation systems for agriculture
• Care Share Manager – software solution to improve quality of life at long term care facilities
• SafeArbor – IoT hardware and software to protect and track cannabis through the supply chain
• Freedom Brands – all-natural deodorant and premium body products with clean ingredients
• Nevaka – software solution for electrical contractors to create/send materials orders in real time
• Outlaw Soaps – Wild West inspired products for adventurous customers
• Panty Drop – women’s intimates designed for plus-size women, an often-forgotten market
• Deck of Dice Gaming – patented free-to-play mobile game with licensing derivatives for the casual and casino gaming markets
The angel investors, comprised of both first-time and experienced investors, have been attending the AngelNV online investor bootcamp since Feb. 24 with weekly sessions on the angel investing process and tactics to mitigate risk. Investor bootcamp participants invest a minimum of $5,000 to the AngelNV Conference Fund, and together, they award a $200,000 investment to one Nevada-based startup they select from the participants of AngelNV’s free entrepreneur bootcamp at a special Shark Tank-style event this May.
StartUpNV launched AngelNV last year to foster an angel investment network for Nevada-based startups and attract to the state scalable startup businesses and entrepreneurs with big ideas to build a more diversified and resilient economy. Modeled after the highly successful San Diego Angel Conference, AngelNV is building a bridge between entrepreneurs and angel investors by teaching startups how to raise venture capital and advising potential investors on wise investments.
For more information on AngelNV visit: www.angelnv.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 18, 2021
MEDIA CONTACTS: Amy Maier, The Warren Group, email@example.com, 702-904-0296